This is where the land meets the sea. Where English and Acadian cultures coexist. It’s quiet and peaceful, yet full of adventure. And where the darkest skies let stars shine their brightest. It’s where the food is fresh and local, and the music is too. It’s where everything comes together. It’s where the stars align.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Our Acadian community is the largest in Nova Scotia. Keep an ear out for our French, and look for colourful Acadian flags waving in the breeze.
- We’re home to some of the darkest skies in North America. The region recently received Certified Starlight Reserve and Certified Starlight Tourist Destination designations. Visit AcadianSkies.com
- The Southwest Nova UNESCO Biosphere is located here due to our unique approach to living and working in harmony with nature.
- Our enviable climate is the reason so many visitors become residents. We’re known as the Banana Belt of Atlantic Canada due to our mild winters and cool summers.
- Yarmouth & Acadian Shores is home to the largest and most diverse fishery in Atlantic Canada.
THE CAT HIGH SPEED FERRY
The road to adventure is rarely paved. The high-speed CAT ferry will take you between Portland, Maine and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia in just 5.5 hours. At half the driving time, you’ll have even more of an opportunity to explore the beauty beyond the horizon. And with plenty of onboard amenities and a knowledgeable staff and crew, your journey will be more than just fast, it will be an experience you’ll never forget.